Welcome to the "Next Big Thing" Blog Tour - I was thrilled when fellow romance writers, Lucy Felthouse , Rachel Brimble and Phillipa Ashley, tagged me to continue the chain - be sure to read to the end of my post to check out the three great authors I've tagged next!
Okay, so the idea is we talk about our current or next release...which means I have a good opportunity to share the excitement of my brand new Indulgence book!
• What is the title of your latest book?
The Spanish Billionaire’s Hired Bride.
• Where did the idea come from for the book?
Before I was published I was told how important the first page of the first chapter of a book was. If you could manage to grab the reader by the throat and keep hold of their attention until they were hooked, you’d be on to a winner. So I figured why not do exactly that? Hence, Ricardo Almanza has his hands around Helen Marshall’s neck from the word go!
• What genre does your book fall under?
• What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
• What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Secrets, sacrifice and a sexually explosive marriage of convenience in the sun-baked Mediterranean.
• Is your book self-published or represented by an agency?
Neither. This book is published by Indulgence, an Entangled Publishing imprint. And I don’t have an agent. Perhaps I should … :0)
• How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
I wrote the first draft of this book in seven weeks. And, yes, before you ask, it almost killed me! It needed a lot of work after that initial draft though and the finished manuscript is very, very different.
• What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Hmm, well it’s a marriage of convenience story with plenty of sex, so I’ll be greedy and compare it to The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst. Jennifer is lovely, she won’t mind!
• Who or what inspired you to write this book?
As is often the case, Ibiza town itself inspired me. If I fall in love with a place I always want to write a story set there, it kind of keeps the holiday magic alive for me. And Ricardo was inspired by a mysterious male underwear model in Marks & Spencers …
• What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I've tried to write a really luxurious book that whisks the reader off into a fantasy world for a few hours. The sun is hot, and so is the sex. Ricardo has it all, but I've made myself share him. There’s fine wine, delicious food, super-yachts and mind-blowingly expensive everything, but I've tried not to over do it. Thus, there’s a sprinkling of manure and a doner kebab (gyro) – but not at the same time!
To see what some of my writer friends are doing, I’m going to tag.
Three very talented ladies, check ‘em out!